Hacko_11 in Budapest
Chess in Budapest, Hungary is a serious recreation ! One of my current opponents, Hacko_11 (rating 2119) lives and works in Budapest. He didn't provide background information about himself on ChessWorld so I did a bit of probing (read chat from bottom up in order of our moves):
4. Thylacine3: Yes I read that red wine was the flavour 😊
3. Hacko_11: Yes, mostly red wines. There is a saying - in our Bulgarian traditional folk music there are dozens of songs about wine but all of them are about red wine. There is only one song about white wine and it goes “oh white wine, why are you not red” 😊))
3. Thylacine3: Plovdiv also famous for its wines esp red wines (?) Certainly a fascinating history. Hobart is the capital and becoming more popular for people to travel to. Van Diemens Land was the state's original name which was renamed in 1856.
2. Hacko_11: I am originally Bulgarian - from Plovdiv , the second biggest and one of the oldest cities in Europe - but I live and work in Budapest, Hungary.
2. Hacko_11: Tasmania ? Wow … is Hobart the capital? I remember this great U2 song “Van Diemen’s Land”
2. Thylacine3: Where in Bulgaria do you live ?
1. Thylacine3: Hi from Hobart Tasmania. All the best for the games 😊
Welcome: Australia v Bulgaria
😎 Video - Budapest - the Taste of Europe (3:31)
👍 A recent game he played (note his knight exchange to eliminate Black's queenside pawns 24 Nxb5)